David and Goliath (Day 8)

Nothings gets you working than knowing a fight is coming.

In my bid to network with Venues and Sponsors; I discovered another company is doing a somewhat similar move to my business aims. Not the same but similar enough to share the same market.

The company in question is one of the largest game sellers in the UK and they have a range of "Arenas" across the country. These go by the name "Belong" ... Brownie points if you can work out the company in question.

Apparently one of these Belong Arenas is in talks to come to the local area in about six months.

This puts me in an oddly good position. My proposition has changed for other business's that may be willing to sponsor. It's not longer a case of "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours"... This is now a  "Your biggest competitor is about to make a big move and we need to work together to stop it"

This also pushes a time frame on me. I was never going to wait six months to hold a single event but to build the brand enough to take on one of the biggest names in the UK ... That's my kind of challenge.

But still networking for the first event; not much has changed there but we have a logo!
The New Logo!

It's time to stand on the shoulders of giants.
Until next time.
Peace Out!

Comments